The last 6 weeks I have spent testing, trialling, researching and working out the best software’s available and found some amazing solutions, that are either Free or very Affordable for both Teacher and Students to use.
I do not expect my students to spend any extra money while learning and during any of my WordPress Courses here at Micro Skool.
The only cost a student may have is the cost of a domain name, if they wish to purchase one before the course starts, but this is optional and not required. My hosting and server offers the option to create and host a sub-domain on microskool.uk so you don’t need to buy your own domain name. I do offer hosting to clients, but I do not class my Students as Clients, so while you are learning, your hosting is free. You are welcome to purchase your own hosting, I can point you where to go, this option is not recommended for WordPress Beginners.
After your course has finished, you can then migrate your new website to your own hosting and domain name, and this I can teach you, but only on either the 7 or 14 day course.
The WordPress Courses and Contribution Based Course Fees are the only expense I will ask of my Students. This covers my time (wages) and some of the running costs.
The costs below are my set up and predicted running costs of Micro Skool and are listed below for transparency, and to educate the reader on what options are out there for everyone to utilise and use.
Knowledge is freedom, education is essential, alternative education is thee only way forward in an ever so strange world we are now living in.
Micro Skool is currently open to Adults, but I will be offering Classes and Courses to Children, once I have got things up and running, and ironed out any tech or software glitches. Believe me there will be some! 😉 There always is!
Hence my up and coming trial courses… very soon… I think in March I will be ready, if not before!
I will be opening up Micro Skool to Other Teachers and Different Subjects in the future. Watch this Space C8ke! 😉
Donate to Micro Skool: https://revolut.me/c8ke Thank You!
Software Used / Required by Teacher Or Student / Micro Skool Needs To Purchase
- WordPress: Teacher and Student - Free
- Opera Browser: Preferred for Students - Teachers Choice - Free
- Discord - Free - Teacher and Student, Micro Skool may need to upgrade C8ke Studio's Discord Server to Nitro Annual Subscription $99.99 (approx £83.00)
- Screencast-O-Matic - Screen Record, Screen Annotate, Infographics - Cross Platform/Device Compatibility - Teacher Use, Student Participation - https://screencast-o-matic.com/ This Screencast Provider, includes Video Hosting! (500gb a month bandwidth) Which is the best deal I have found so far 😉 Software and Password Protected Hosting, all-in-one. So both Teacher and Student can; view, upload, annotate, comment on videos, classes and courses! - £63.00 (bargain) Anything to avoid relying on googles youtube!
- VideoProc Vlogger - Video Editing Software - Teacher and Student - Teachers Choice of Video Editing Software - Free
- Hosting - Teacher Only - Micro Skool may need to Upgrade to Bigger Plan, New Monthly Costs TBC - Possibly £25.00 Per Month, depending on the outcome of the trial courses. Hosting and Server Space Provided for Students if required - Free
- Jitsi / Zoom / BigBlueButton - Teacher and Student (these are other options for audio and video calls, if Discord isn't used) (a Zoom Subscription maybe required in the future, but I prefer to use Discord) Free
- Domain Registration, Renewal and Management - Teacher and Student - Variable Costs Annually
- Theme, Template, Subscriptions and Renewals - Teacher and Student - Variable Costs Annually
- Broadcasting Software - Teacher Only - Undecided which Software to go with yet - Paid or Free
- Reflector 4 and AirParrot 3 - iPad, iPhone, Android, Screen Mirroring / Broadcast Software - Teacher Only - £34.63 (Airparrot 3 for mirroring my devices and screens to other devices and screens, and also to students screens - yet to be tested)
Hardware Used / Tech Required / Micro Skool Needs To Purchase
- Computer / Laptop - Teacher and Student: ESSENTIAL
- Webcam - External or Internal - Teacher and Student: ESSENTIAL
- Microphone - Teacher and Student: ESSENTIAL
- Second Monitor - (optional for students) A friend has one to Donate to Micro Skool! Awesome! 🙂
- Teacher needs a new Web Cam! - £££?
- Teacher Possibly needs a new Microphone, current headset is great for WordPress Courses, but needs a bluetooth one for Yoga Classes - £££?
- Teacher needs a new desk! £££?
- Teacher wants to build a Green Screen, just for fun! 😉 £££?
- Teacher needs a dedicated Micro Skool Mac Laptop and maybe a UBS Projector, for travel and working away £££?
Taking C8ke Studio and Micro Skool on the road!
C8ke Studio is manifesting her Dream Studio to Create, Teach, Learn and Work
If you know of any such workshop / studio / artist space please let Micro Skool know about it
C8ke Studio will be going mobile this year!
A van is going to be converted so that Space C8ke, C8ke Studio's Sewing / Yoga and Micro Skool's Workshop can be taken anywhere.
If you want to help with the van conversion, donate to C8ke Studio or get involved in future teaching with Micro Skool, please do get in touch.
Any help and support is much appreciated! 🙂